The Orion Nebula

This is one STELLAR nursery!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mommy Guilt

Work has been hell. Doombot and I are both under pressure to work more hours and it's beyond time to fix some of the problems that are keeping us from performing as well as we need to. Of course, it falls on my shoulders to make it happen and all the pressure, angry conversations, and fear get to be kind of a distraction.

So it happened that when Doombot came back from taking Orion to his follow-up appointment for his ear infection (because I couldn't break away from work), I was shocked to find out that Orion's cough was bad. His breathing was fast, and his airways restricted. Doombot came home with a nebulizer and another prescription for prednisone. While I was busy running a business, I missed the fact that my squirrel is perilously close to having asthma.

I also didn't notice that I had developed a giant hole in one of my teeth. Ths is until it woke me upin the middle of the night last night. You know nothing good is going on when a woman wearing inside-out capri pants, a nightgown, and a parka is standing in a 7-11 at 4am buying Advil and Orajel.

Which reminds me of anohter conversation that Doombot and I had last evening after he got a haircut and I realized that I have had exactly 1 haircut in 16 months (maybe longer).

I'm not taking care of myself. I'm not doing right by my squirrel. My work is killing my marriage. I've GOT to get some perspective on my life. I think I'll start with a root canal and a haircut.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, sweetie!!